Introducing a two-in-one cowlband – it’s a headband or it’s a cowl! The Everly Headband Cowl adjust to your moods and temperature and it whips up in just about an hour!
I love hiking and being outdoors, but in the beautiful state of Colorado, you just never know when the weather is going to turn. So, when I leave the house, I always tuck a little headband in my pocket and this one is my new favorite!
It’s so simply to make that you can pack a skein of yarn in your bag and work on it anywhere…add your favorite flower or buttons and it’s good to go! And, this one is extra special because I designed is, specifically, for the the Christmas in July Make Along with Underground Crafter.
Won’t you come join the fun of CIJ 2019?!
29 bloggers have teamed up to bring you a month full of free patterns to kick start the handmade holiday season — including crochet, knitting, and sewing projects. There’s something new to make every day in July. Each week will have a theme.
Week 1 (July 1-7): Babies, Kids, and Teens
Week 2 (July 8-14): Women
Week 3 (July 15-21): Men
Week 4 (July 22-28): Home
Week 5 (July 29-31): Pets
We’ve also partnered with some of our favorite companies to get some great prizes for you — including yarn, pattern books, and more! Find out more information about participating designers, the schedule, and how to enter to win the prizes on Underground Crafter. The deadline for entering the giveaway is Sunday, August 4, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
How To Join the 2019 Christmas in July Make Along
- You can join in by crocheting, knitting, or sewing the projects as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CIJMakeAlong2019 on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the Underground Crafters Facebook group
- By the end of the Make Along, you’ll have up to 31 awesome projects. Get ready for the handmade holiday season while having fun with us!
Visit Underground Crafter to learn more about the prizes, enter the giveaway, and to get links to each Christmas in July Make Along post as it is released.
- Yarn Bee Andes Alpaca, bulky (size 5) yarn (80% acrylic, 20% alpaca; 102 yds/93 m per 3 oz/85 g skein) or size 5 yarn of your choice
- I used City Beat colorway
- Yarn Bee Soft and Sleek, medium (size 4) yarn (100% low pill acrylic; 232 yds/213 m per 5 oz/142 g skein) or size 4 yarn of your choice
- I used Mauve colorway
- 10.00 mm (N) Crochet Hook
- 6.00 mm (J) Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- 1″ wooden button (optional)
- I used a branded button from (affiliate link) All This Wood LLC on Etsy
- Printable PDF of the Everly Headband Cowl Pattern
- CH – Single Crochet
- DC – Double Crochet
- DC2TOG – Double Crochet 2 Stitches Together
- HDC – Half-double Crochet
- SLST – Slip Stitch
- ST(S) – Stitch(es)
- TC – Treble Crochet
- Skill Level: Easy
- US Terminology
- Beginning the CH 1 does not count as a ST.
- Finished Size: Fits Teen to Adult: 20″ – 22″ circumference
12 SLSTs x 14 Rows = 4″ square when using size 5 yarn and 10.00 mm hook
Everly Headband Cowl Pattern
With 10.00 mm hook and size 5 yarn, CH 13.
Work into the back loop for every row of band.
Row 1: SLST into second CH from hook. SLST into each ST across. (12 STS)
Row 2: CH 1, turn. SLST in each ST across. (12 STS)
Row 3 – 50: Repeat RND 2.
Finish off leaving a 10″ tail.
With right sides together, stitch row 1 and row 50 together to create a band.
With 6.00 mm hook and size 4 yarn, hold two strands together and create a magic ring or CH-3 loop.
Round 1: SC 15 in starting loop. Join with a SLST to beginning SC. (15 STS)
Round 2: *CH 3, DC2TOG across next 2 STS, CH3, SLST to next ST. Repeat from * 3 more times. CH3, DC2TOG across next 2 STS, CH3, SLST to base of beginning CH3. (5 small petals made)
Round 3: CH4, working behind the petals, SLST to SLST at the base of where 1st petal connects to 2nd petal. CH4, SLST to SLST at base of where 2nd petal connects to 3rd petal. Repeat this pattern for all 5 petals. Join with SLST to base of beginning CH4. (5 CH-4 spaces made)
Round 4: CH1. *Working into next CH-4 space, (SC, HDC 2, DC 2, TC, DC 2, HDC 2, SC). Repeat from * 4 more times. Join with SLST to beginning CH1. (5 large petals made)
Finish off. Tuck ends.
Using a yarn needle, attach flower to headband.
Add button to center of flower and tuck ends.
You’re all done!
Now, you can wear your Everly Headband Cowl as an ear warmer or as a neck warmer…whichever the weather and your mood dictates.
PDF Pattern Downloads
If you’d like an ad-free, downloadable PDF of the Kiki Kitty Pillow Crochet Pattern, there are several ways to get yours!
Purchase for less than the cost of a cup of coffee from
Get Notified of New Patterns
Do you love designs from Made with a Twist by Crochetpreneur? Stay in the loop on all my upcoming patterns and projects by subscribing to my newsletter and you’ll be the first to know! SUBSCRIBE HERE
More Free Cowl Patterns You’ll
- Self-striping Hooded Cowl
- Claire’s Cowl
- Grace Lace Cowl
- Chunky Lace Cowl
- Cozy Reversible Cowl
- Sirena’s Chunky Winter Cowl
This pattern and its images are copyright protected and the sole property of Made with a Twist by Crochetpreneur®, a division of Montgomery Grice Enterprises, Inc. Please do not redistribute, transfer, or sell the pattern, or alter it to claim as your own. You may sell any products you create from this pattern. Please credit the designer by linking online listings to www.madewithatwist.com or tagging @madewithatwist.