This pattern was named one of the “Top 100 Craft Projects of the Decade” by FaveCrafts.com. Click that link to see all of the projects selected.
I don’t know about you but I may be, what you’d call, ‘garment avoidant’. Don’t get me wrong, I love garments…I love sweaters, wraps, cardigans, kimonos…all of them. And I especially like ponchos. However, I almost never make them because they take FOREVER to finish…and being a plus-sized girl, I can never be sure they’re going to fit right. That’s why I designed this fastest and easiest crochet poncho pattern ever.
This pattern works up in a matter of hours and can be easily adjusted for petite or plus-sized needs. And, while I don’t usually recommend that crochet sellers make garments (because they’re just not cost-effective), this design just might be the perfect addition to your craft fair inventory.
Super bulky, soft, and super-duper cozy, this poncho is the perfect pattern to whip up as a quick gift or something special just for you to wear everywhere….introducing, the Everywhere Poncho.
Are you ready to make your own?
- 460 yards of super bulky (6) weight yarn.
- I used Lion Brand Hometown USA (4 oz (113 g) , 64 yds (59 m), 100% acrylic) in the Little Rock Granite colorway.
- Crochet hook US size P (11.50 mm)
- Tapestry needle
- Tape measure
- The free printable PDF of the Easiest Crochet Poncho Ever (or purchase on Ravelry)
- CH – chain
- SC – single crochet
- DC – double crochet
- SK – skip
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- Read through the pattern before beginning to ensure you don’t have any questions that might cause frustration in the midst of your project.
- Skill Level: Easy
- US Terminology
- When there is a CH-2 at the beginning of a row/round, it IS counted as a stitch.
- To increase the width, work starting chain in multiples of 6 + 1.
- One size fits most. Finished measurements before seaming are 54″ x 18″.
Mid-shell to mid-shell X 3.5 rows = 4” square
Shell Stitch: 5DC in the same st.
EVERYWHERE PONCHO (THE EASIEST CROCHET PONCHO PATTERN EVER)
With (P) 11.50 mm hook, CH91, turn.
ROW 1: SK 3 sts (counts as DC), 2DC in 4th CH from hook, *SK 2 sts, SC, SK 2 sts, 5 DC in next st,* repeat from * to * until 3 CH sts remain. SK 2 sts, SC in last st.
ROW 2: CH3 (counts as DC here and throughout), turn, 2 DC in 1st st, *SC in middle stitch of shell, 5DC in next SC of row below,* repeat * to * until only a half shell remains. SC in the top st of the turning CH.
ROWS 3 -19: Repeat ROW 2.
Add rows if you’d like a longer poncho.
Lay the poncho on the floor with the long edge toward you.
Fold from left to right so the fold is on the left side and edges are matched on the right.
Stitch across the top from the matched edges toward the fold, stopping 15” from the fold in order to leave an opening for the neck.
DOWNLOAD YOUR PRINTABLE PDF PATTERN
DON’T MISS MY NEW DESIGNS
Love designs from Made with a Twist by Crochetpreneur? Stay in the loop on all my upcoming patterns and projects by subscribing to my newsletter and you’ll be the first to know! SUBSCRIBE HERE