It’s Back-to-School time and that means chilly mornings at the bus stop, new outfits to accessorize, making new friends, and so much to learn. Treat your favorite tween, teen, or teacher to a pair of these easy, one-skein, ribbed fingerless gloves and she’ll be ready for the new school year in style!
Mine are made from an alpaca-blend bulky yarn for a luxurious softness she deserves to begin this new chapter of her life.
And as you’re preparing for back-to-school, you’ll love this! This design is the first in a series of back-to-school designs being featured as part of the E’Claire Makery Back-to-School Blog Hop being hosted August 12 – August 23.
Each day of the blog hop, a new designer will post her free school-themed designed for your to enjoy! You can find a rundown of all the patterns we’ll be featuring, here at the E’Claire Makery blog. Be sure to pop over there each day of the blog hop so you can grab your new design and get the new school year kicked off with style, squishiness, and warmth.
I’ll see you there!
TABLE OF CONTENTS (jump to section)
- 74 yards Yarn Bee Andes Alpaca, bulky (size 5) yarn (80% acrylic, 20% alpaca; 102 yds/93 m per 3 oz/85 g skein) or size 5 yarn of your choice
- I used City Beat colorway
- 10 yards Yarn Bee Soft and Sleek, medium (size 4) yarn (100% low pill acrylic; 232 yds/213 m per 5 oz/142 g skein) or size 4 yarn of your choice
- I used Mauve colorway
- 10.00 mm (N) Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- CH – Chain
- SLST – Slip Stitch
- ST(S) – Stitch(es)
- Skill Level: Easy
- US Terminology
- Beginning CH 1 does not count as a st.
- Throughout the design, you will be working each row in the back loop of the previous row.
12 SLSTs x 14 Rows = 4″ square when using size 5 yarn and 10.00 mm hook
Everly Fingerless Gloves Pattern
For Solid Color Glove (make 1)
With 10.00 mm hook and size 5 yarn, CH 21.
Work into the back loop for every row of band.
Row 1: SLST into second CH from hook. SLST into each ST across. (20 STS)
Row 2: CH 1, turn. SLST in each ST across.(20 STS)
Row 3 – 20: Repeat RND 2.
Finish off leaving a 20″ tail.
With right sides together, form the glove by stitching closed 11 sts, weave the thread through 5 sts for the thumb opening. Stitch the last 4 sts closed.