This Faux Fur Wreath is such an amazingly quick project – you’ll be shocked at how many you can complete while re-bingeing Downton Abbey this fall! The perfect project for teacher’s gifts, craft fairs, and secret sister swaps. Customize the hanging wreath for any holiday you choose, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Hannukah and more!
It barely reach 70 degrees in Colorado today…what a welcome relief from months of sweltering heat! Now, it’s official…I’m all in on Fall.
I’m ready for pumpkin spice lattes, backyard fires, and making all the holiday preparations. How about you?
If you’re ready to jump in with both feet, I have a treat for you! This Faux Fun Wreath was a treat to make and is ready to spread the joy all season long….actually, I made two – one for Fall and one for Winter.
Faux Fun Wreath Pattern
The free pattern for this item is shared, below. However, I know many of you like to print yor patterns or save them, digitally, for later use. So, I’ve create a beautifully formatted, large print, ad-free PDF of this pattern for you tu use at your convenience and you can get it for just $2 on Ravelry!
- Lion Brand Go For Faux Thick & Quick #6 yarn (100% Polyester; 24 yds/22 m per 4.2 oz/120g g skein)
- size small (1 skein) Shown in Chow Chow
- size large (2 skeins) Shown in Baked Alaska
- 19 mm (US size S) Crochet Hook
- 12″ (sm) or 14″ (lg) foam wreath
- Floral embellishments, as desired
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Yarn needle
- PDF Pattern for the Faux Fun Wreath
Gauge is SO not important for this design.
13″ (sm) or 15″ (lg) finished wreath
ch – Chain
sc – Single Crochet
sl st – Slip Stitch
st(s) – Stitch(es)
- Skill Level: Easy
- US Terminology
- When a row begins with a CH1, the ch does not count as a st.
- You can use this same pattern on a foam wreath of any size. So, you can easily make this design smaller or larger.
- Go For Faux also comes in a bonus bundle size
How to Make This Faux Fur Wreath
Instructions give for size small with size large in parenthesis.
Row 1: Attach yarn with slst, sc 38 (56) or enough sts to cover the foam. Join with a slst to top of first sc. 38 (56) sts
Finish off small size. Continue to row 2 for large size.
Row 2: Ch1, sc in first st, (2sc in next st, sc in next st) around the wreath, 2 sc in the last st. Join with a slst to first sc. 84 sts.
Finish off. Tuck ends.
Use glue to add embellishments as desired.
TO MAKE FAUX FUR SNOWBALLS
Simply wind remaining faux fur into balls and secure ends with glue. Affix these to your wreath.
To maximize your yarn, wind faux fur around styrofoam balls.
Suggested Pricing: a Guide for Crochet Sellers
Permission is given (even encouraged) to sell your handmade products created from this original Made with a Twist pattern. I only ask that you give credit to Pam Grice from Made with a Twist as the designer, when possible, and link back to www.madewithatwist.com and/or @madewithatwist (on social media) when selling and sharing images online.
Suggested Retail Price
- Marketing to bargain shoppers is not recommended.
- Increase value for boutique buyers with luxury yarns, packaging, and/or embellishments for boutique shoppers.
More Holiday Home Decor You’ll Love
©2019 Montgomery Grice Enterprises, Inc | Made with a Twist | Pamela Grice This pattern and its associated images are copyright protected. The pattern is for your personal use only. Please do not copy/paste, distribute, or alter and claim as your own.