The Brave Beanie, the perfect one-hour crochet beanie for charity, is being offered as part of the 2020 Crochet Cancer Challenge. Scroll to the button, below, to download the free PDF through Oct. 10.
The Brave Beanie Inspiration
The Brave Beanie is being shared in honor of all families battling together to fight childhood cancer as part of the annual Crochet Cancer Challenge.
While the free download of this design is no longer available, you can see other designs and the daily download at Sweet Potato 3.
The One-hour Crochet Hat Design
I designed this hat from the softest acrylic yarn in a super bulky weight so that it would be quick to make and comfortable for even the most sensitive heads. Working up in just one hour, you’ll be able to use this as your go-to pattern for your charity projects.
The project is worked from the top down and has slightly spiraling ribs which meet a simple brim.
One of my favorite features of this hat is that you can style the hat any number of ways, but these are three of my favorite:
Materials Needed for the Brave Beanie
- Lion Brand Hometown USA, super bulky weight #6 yarn. (100% acrylic, 81 yds/74 m per 5 oz/142 g skein)
- 1 skein MC (Las Vegas Gold or other)
- 1 skein CC (Dallas Cream)
- (US size M/N) 9.00 mm crochet hook
- (US size K) 6.50 mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle for tucking ends
- 2″ coconut button (optional)
- 6″ faux fur pom pom (optional)
The Crochet Cancer Challenge Details
- Information explaining what the Crochet Cancer Challenge is, click HERE.
- What type of hat should I make? What Sizes? Where do I get the patterns? Click HERE.
- Yarn Recommendations to use for the hats, click HERE.
- Where should I donate my hats, click HERE.
- A fun start early project you can add to your hats, click HERE.
- Challenge others to join and get tags you can print for your hats, click HERE.
More One Hour Hats You’ll Love
Follow Pam on Instagram
For all things crochet patterns, follow Made with a Twist.
For crochet business tips and encouragement, follow Crochetpreneur.
©2020 Montgomery Grice Enterprises, Inc | Made with a Twist | Pamela Grice This pattern and its associated images are copyright protected. The pattern is for your personal use only. Please do not copy/paste, distribute, or alter and claim as your own.