Hortense reached out to me several months ago about being a guest designer on the Made with a Twist blog and I was so pleased to be able to invite her to 30 Days of Cozy – I just love the tenacity of designers and people who ask for what they want! And now, I’m even more pleased to share with you her Peek-a-boo Baby Hat pattern as today’s brand new design for 30 Days of Cozy. I think it’s going to become your go-to baby project.
I ’m Hortense, a passionate knitter, crocheter and yarn addict. I created Knitting with Chopsticks to share my creations and help you make your own.
It’s thanks to blogs like this one that I have learned most of what I know about knitting and crochet. My mom taught me the basics of knitting when I was a small girl, bored on the beach (yep, that’s possible when you are 10) and since then I haven’t stopped. Always looking to learn, do more, do better and share my love of yarn, I created Knitting with Chopsticks to make knitting and crochet as simple as it gets so YOU can create what YOU want the way YOU want it.
Blog and Social Media Links
- Website: https://knittingwithchopsticks.com/
- Etsy: https://etsy.com/shop/knittingwchopsticks
- Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/designers/knitting-with-chopsticks
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/knittingwithchopsticks/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/knittingwithchopsticks/
Get Your Printable PDF of This Pattern
The Peek-a-boo Baby Hat
- 10 mm / US N/P – 15 crochet hook.
- Weight 6 super bulky yarn.
- Tapestry needle to weave in the ends
- Printable PDF Pattern for the Peek-a-boo Baby Hat
Gauge in rows of sc is 8st by 9 rows for a 10 cm / 4” square.
The pattern is graded for size premie to teen.
Premie size has a diameter of 32 cm /
Baby size has a diameter of 36 cm /
Toddler size has a diameter of 45 cm /
Child size has a diameter of 52 cm /
Sizes are indicated in the following manner throughout the pattern: premie (baby, toddler, child).
- st = stitch
- sc = single crochet
- ch = chain
- hdc = half double crochet
- inc = increase = make 2 sc in the same stitch
- dec = decrease = single crochet the next 2 stitches together
- miss 1 = skip 1 stitch
Repeat instructions between ** the indicated number of times or until the end of the round.
- Skill Level: Easy
- US Terminology
- The hat is worked in the round. At the end of a round, just start working into the 1st stitch, no need to do a slip stitch to close the round. Keep working in spiral unless mentioned otherwise.
How to Make the Peek-a-boo Baby Hat
In a magic circle make 6 sc
Round 1: inc in each st (12 st)
Round 2: * sc, inc * 6 times (18 st)
Round 3: * 2sc, inc * 6 times (24 st)
For premie size, skip rounds 4 to 6 and continue with round 7.
Round 4: * 3sc, inc * 6 times (30 st)
For baby size, skip rounds 5 to 6 and continue with round 7.
Round 5: * 4sc, inc * 6 times (36 st)
For toddler size, skip round 6 and continue with round 7.
Round 6: * 5sc, inc * 6 times (42 st)
Round 7 : sc around
Round 8: * 2 (3, 4, 5) dc, dec* 6 times
Round 9: sc around
Round 10: dc around
Round 11: sc around
For toddler and child size Repeat rows 10 and 11 one more time.
Round 12: *hdc, ch 1, miss 1* repeat around, slip stitch in the first hdc to close the round, ch 1
Round 13: sc around.
Bind off and weave in the ends.
More Products for Baby that You’ll Love
- Blanket Yarn Kitty Stuffie
- Super Simple Kid’s Bucket Hat
- Winter Snowflake Baby Booties
- Snowflake Sugar Cookie Blanket
©2019 Knitting with Chopsticks You may not share, sell or claim my patterns as your own. You can make finished items to sell (i.e. on Etsy, at craft fairs) from my patterns but I ask that you link back to my blog knittingwithchopsticks.com and provide credit for the pattern.