It’s Day 6 of our 30 Days of Cozy and today we have an amazing hat that has it all. It’s versatile, soft, and has an amazing texture. It’s one of those hats that you’ll want in every color and is a quick make for teacher gifts, gifts for the moms in the carpool lane, or for all your daughter’s friends. It’s the Penelope a velvet beanie crochet pattern from Samantha at Soro Bella Creations.
Are you ready to make your own?
❁ PATTERN DOWNLOADS
There are several ways you can access the pattern for this lovely and versatile Penelope Beanie:
- Follow along with the free pattern, below.
- Purchase the ad-free, printable pattern for the Penelope Beanie on Etsy or on Ravelry.
Approximately 90 yards of Yarnspirations Bernat Velvet Yarn bulky weight (5)
❁ STITCHES & ABBREVIATIONS
- CH: chain
- SC: single crochet
- SCBL: single crochet in back loop
- SLST: slip stitch
- ST(S): stitch(es)
❁ PATTERN DETAILS
- Skill Level: Intermediate (the pattern might cause frustration for beginning crocheters)
- US Terminology
- Gauge: 11 stitches X 21 rows = 4” square
- Stitch used for gauge: single crochet in back loop
- Size(s): one size for average women’s head (21”-22” circumference)
- Finished Measurement(s): 10 ¼ “ x 16.5” rectangle unstretched
- This hat is worked flat (back and forth), then single crocheted together on the short sides, finally using your tapestry needle you will weave through the top of the hat evenly and pull tight to close the top of the hat. Photo tutorial provided below.
Pattern Stitches Used (Helpful video tutorials):
❁ PENELOPE VELVET BEANIE CROCHET PATTERN
With 6.50mm K size hook
ROW 1: SC in 2nd chain from hook, SC across the row, chain 1 turn (35)
ROW 2: SCBL in each ST across the row, chain 1 turn (35)
ROW 3-40: Repeat Row 2
Your rectangle piece should now measure 16 ½“.
Fold piece in half, short sides together. Turn work so your hook is on the right-hand side.
ROW 41: SLST in 1st ST, SC in same space, SC across the row (35)
Fasten off leaving about a 12” tail to weave through the top of the hat.
Using your tapestry needle, weave the yarn in and out evenly around the top and pull tight. Weave in ends and fasten off. This creates the top of your hat.
❁ ONCE YOUR PROJECT IS FINISHED
I know you’re going to love making the Penelope Beanie and I so look forward to seeing your finished product.
- Be sure to share photos on social media using the hashtag #30DaysofCozy and #penelopebeanie so we can all see your project and give you all-the-hearts. 💖💖💖
I can’t wait to see your creations!
Until then, stay cozy and keep on yarning. ♥
❁ ABOUT THE DESIGNER
❁ ACTION STEPS
- Save this pin so you can find later
- Purchase the pattern bundle because it’s an amazing deal.
- Sign up for the Crochetpreneur VIP Crocheter Newsletter so you don’t miss any of the incredible happenings here on this site.
- Go visit the designer’s website and check out all her designs.
❁ MORE HAT PATTERNS YOU’LL LOVE
Don’t misplace this pattern, click the image below to save it to your favorite
Pinterest board so you can always find it.