Meghan has hit it out of the ballpark once again with this beautiful C2C graphghan pattern. Worked in miniature corner-to-corner stitch (video tutorial linked below), the Baby, It’s Cold Outside blanket is just the perfect afghan for holiday home decor and snuggling in front of the fireplace.
This design will be a featured design on The Best of 30 Days of Cozy on October 19. Head over to the event page to grab your coupon code so you can purchase the downloadable PDF pattern at 50% off starting Oct 19 and ending on Oct 20 at midnight PST.
Baby, It’s Cold Outside C2C Graphghan
The Baby It’s Cold Outside blanket is a brand new addition to the Holiday Graphgan collection I started last year. After making four large graphghans using the corner to corner method I decided to switch it up this time and use a brand new technique, the mini corner to corner method. This new technique creates a more dense and sturdy fabric compared to the traditional C2C. It creates a smaller sized throw that is perfect for snuggling up with during those cold winter evenings.
- 1,764 yards of Mary Maxim StarletteYarn in medium grey for Color A
- 391 yards of Mary Maxim StarletteYarn in white for Color B
- Crochet hook size I (5.5mm)
- Tapestry needle
- Large clamps or bobbins and holder (optional)
- Printable PDF Pattern for the Baby, It’s Cold Outside Graphghan
6 tiles X 6 tiles = 4” square in mini corner to corner stitches
*if using regular c2c gauge will be 5 tiles X 5 tiles = 4”
Finished size is approx. 41” X 46”
*if made using regular C2C finished size will be approx. 52” X 59”
This pattern uses the mini C2C technique. For a video tutorial, please see: www.meghanmakesdo.com/blog/how-to-mini-corner-to-corner-crochet
To learn how to change colors when working a C2C graphghan, please see Meghan’s video tutorial, here: www.meghanmakesdo.com/blog/changing-color-in-corner-to-corner-crochet
If you’d like to make this blanket using a traditional C2C technique, find a video tutorial, here: www.meghanmakesdo.com/blog/how-to-corner-to-corner-crochet
- Pattern is worked using mini corner to corner. You can also use a regular corner to corner method. If using a regular corner to corner you will need 520yards of Color B and 2,355 yards of Color A.
- Links to detailed instructions for both c2c methods are included in the printable PDF.
- The graph is included, below. Written instructions and photo tutorials are included in the printable PDF.
- Graph is read starting in the bottom right-hand corner working in diagonal rows up to the top left corner. All even rows are worked right to left and all odd rows are worked left to right.
- You will increase at the beginning of each row until and including the reach the top right corner of the chart. From there, you will decrease at the beginning of each row until the last row.
The Chart to Make the Baby, It’s Cold Outside Graphghan
Get Your Downloadable Pattern PDF
While the free pattern is shared above, our readers often ask how to get a printable pattern or how they can support the work of independent designers such as Meghan Makes Do.
That is why we’ve made this pattern available as premium, ad-free, downloadable PDF. If you’d like to support Bethany’s work, you can purchase the pattern, via the button, below.
More Blanket Patterns You’ll Love
© 2021 Meghan Make Do | All images and patterns are copyright of Meghan Makes Do (used here with permission by Made with a Twist). You may sell any items that you make from this pattern. You may not use my images. Please do not copy, redistribute or claim as your own. If selling items from this pattern please give credit to the designer by linking to www.meghanmakesdo.com or on social media @meghanmakesdo. Use #meghanmakesdoto share.