Isn’t this cowl gorgeous?! It’s brought to us, today, by Jennifer of Jennae’s DIY Designs.
We’re kicking things off with this amazing Sirena’s Chunky Cowl from Jennifer Orengo of Jennae’s DIY Studio. This two-color chunky winter cowl crochet pattern works up quickly with bulky yarn and a 6mm hook. It has such a unique look, I just love it! Take a peek.
Are you ready to make your own?
TABLE OF CONTENTS (jump to section)
- Caron x Pantone (3.5 oz/100 g; 127 yds/116 m)
- Main Color 3 skeins of 1 braid
- Contrast Color 3 skeins of 1 braid
- 6.00 mm (US J/10) crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- CC = Contrast Color
- Ch = Chain(s)
- Ch sp = Chain space
- MC = Main Color
- Rep = Repeat
- Rnd(s) = Round(s)
- Sc = Single crochet
- Sl st = Slip stitch
- Sk = skip
- Sp S-st = Special Shell stitch = 2 dc, ch, 2 dc
- St(s) = Stitch(es) V-st = V-stitch = dc, ch, dc
- Size: One size fit most adults. Approx 24″ around the neck and 8″ tall (top to bottom).
- Gauge: 15 double crochets X 7 rows = 4″ square
- Before working, read all the pattern for better understanding.
- When working in rounds, each row is worked with a different color.
- Leave the color behind and work the round with the color assigned. Repeat this for all rows.
- Weave ends when finished.
Sirena’s Cowl Crochet Pattern
With MC ch 90.
Working in rnd.
Row 1: Make sure to not twist the ch. Sl st on first ch to make a circle. Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc inside the back bump of each ch. This will give you a better look on your cowl.
Row 2: With CC sl st in first dc. Ch 3, [1 dc, ch 1, 2 dc] in same space as sl st (sp s-st created), ch 1. *Sk 5 dc, sp s-st in next sc, ch 1*. Rep * to *. Sl st in ch space, sl st on top of dc, sl st in next space.
Row 3: With MC *ch 1, sc in space of sp s-st, ch 1, v-st inside 3rd dc from row below*. Rep * to *. Ch 1.
Row 4: With CC sl st on top of sc. *Sp s-st inside the v-st space, ch 1*. Rep * to *.
Row 5: With MC sl st, ch 3, 1 dc in sc (v-st created). *Ch 1, sc in space of sp s-st, ch 1, v-st inside sc from row below.* Rep * to *. Ch 1, sc in space of sp s-st, ch1.
Row 6: With CC sl st inside v-st. [Ch 3, 1 dc, ch 1, 2 dc] in same space as sl st (sp s-st created). Ch 1, *sp s-st inside next v-st, ch 1*. Rep * to *. Sl st in ch space, sl st on top of dc, sl st in next space.
Row 7: With MC. *Ch 1, sc in space of sp s-st, ch 1, v-st inside sc from row below*. Rep * to *. Ch 1.
Row 8 to 19: Rep rows 4 to 7, 3 more times.
Row 20: Sl st inside on top of sc. Ch 3, dc inside ch 1 spaces, on top of every dc and sc. Sl st on top dc, ch 1.
Fasten off and weave all ends.
Optional: Sew the tag. I used the MC to attach it to the cowl. (Click here to find the perfect tags for your project.)
Download the PDF for the Sirena Cowl
While the free pattern is shared above, our readers often ask how to get a printable pattern or how they can support the work of independent designers such as Jennae’s DIY Designs.
That is why we’ve made this pattern available as premium, ad-free, downloadable PDF. If you’d like to support Jennifer’s work, you can purchase the pattern, via the button, below.